Sunday, July 7, 2013

A Magical Place...

Viterbo, a medieval town about 90 minutes north and west of Rome,
is a magical place. The medieval core of the city still sits within 12th century walls. I am at a Saturday flea market taking in the smells, sounds, and beauty of Viterbo,  I am amazed by the architecture and everywhere you turn 
you see Etruscan treasures! I am sketching prolifically in my sketchbook for my Journalistic drawing class and the studying the Art and Architecture of the Etruscans. 

I cannot wait to bring drawings and artifacts back to my classroom.  Yesterday we had a "Sketch Weekend"
and we documented the hot springs, (Terme) nearby, and today we visited the lake and took in some amazing sites and of course, gelato...

1 comment:

  1. Wow Angela...just a few days and you have already had so many adventures. Be sure to keep us posted. Don't you love all the textures that the buildings in Italy display?? It really adds to the romance and interest of the landscape of the area. Just beautiful :) We had a great day today. Spent a nice time with your daughter who looked lovely today. so sweet. We will catch you up when you get home. Hope you have a great couple of days. I will check in with your blog.

    ReplyDelete